How to Pop a Card
aka Where to Apply My Handicap Strokes
Scorecard for the course you are playing
Your course handicap (not your handicap index)
- Locate the Ladies’ Handicap Allocation table on the scorecard. You will see the holes are ranked from 1 through 18.
- Begin with the hole that is ranked #1 and put a pop (dot) on your scorecard in that scoring box for your name. If you were a 1 handicap you would be finished now!
- Move to the hole that is ranked #2 and do the same. Continue this process in the order of the ranked holes until the number of pops are equal to your course handicap OR until you reach the hole that is ranked 18. You are finished if your course handicap is 18 or less. Easy, right?
- IF your course handicap is higher than 18 you are not finished yet! Begin with the #1 ranked hole and add a second pop to the scoring box for your name. This would be the 19th pop for you. Continue this process until you have as many pops on your card as your course handicap.
Let’s Take This One Step Further To Golf 102
What Is the Maximum I Can Take on Any Hole for Handicap Purposes?
(Formerly Called ESC Now Called NET DOUBLE BOGEY)
Formula is Par + 2 (double bogey) + your pops
- Add par + 2 strokes + the pops you entered for the hole on your card.
- When you post your score you will adjust the score on any hole to meet the formula for Net Double Bogey (par + 2 + pops) as your maximum.
There you have it! You are a pro!!!